Scott Brettschneider, Esq.
Of Counsel Attorney
Mr. Brettschneider began his career as a criminal defense attorney in New York City in 1987 after graduating from Hofstra University and The City University of New York School of Law. Handling extremely difficult and high-profile cases in his distinguished career, Scott Brettschneider is recognized nationally as a highly skilled and successful criminal defense lawyer. In his tenure, Mr. Brettschneider has tried over 200 cases to verdict, including 40 murder cases, complex Federal and State drug conspiracy cases involving hundreds of kilos of cocaine and heroin, complex white collar and financial fraud crimes, violent felonies including armed robberies, Federal Hobbs Act robberies, assault, battery, attempted murder, gun possession, and many sex offenses including forcible rape, statutory rape, sexual assault of children, and every other type of criminal case imaginable.
Having tried cases in New York, New Jersey, Virginia, South Carolina, Alabama, Delaware, North Carolina, Connecticut, and in Federal courts in the Eastern District of New York, the Southern District of New York, the District of New Jersey, the Western District of North Carolina, the Northern District of Georgia, the Middle District of Pennsylvania, and Washington, D.C., Mr. Brettschneider brings a wealth of experience to the firm. Some of his achievements include:
- Successfully defending against a death penalty in Virginia
- Acquittals and dismissals in 25 murder trials
- Acquittal in drug possession case involving 20 kilograms of heroin
- Securing a complete dismissal of a double homicide in Baltimore, Maryland
- Winning a suppression motion that resulted in the suppression of 43 kilograms of cocaine
- Dismissal of charges in Federal child pornography prosecution
Mr. Brettschneider also brings a wealth of appellate experience, having handled hundreds of successfully criminal and civil appeals, resulting in reversals of convictions across the country.
Call his firm today at (888) 241-8181 for seasoned counsel.
- State of New York
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Courts of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit