Patrick Michael Megaro Appeals Attorney
Patrick Michael Megaro is a partner at Halscott Megaro PA. He began his legal career in 2001 at The Legal Aid Society Criminal Defense Division in Manhattan, New York City as a public defender. At Legal Aid, Mr. Megaro represented hundreds of clients charged with misdemeanors and major felony offenses, gaining invaluable trial experience fighting in court daily for the rights of clients in the area of criminal law.
Appelatte Lawyer and Criminal Defense Attorney Mr. Megaro entered private practice as a criminal defense attorney in 2004 as an associate at a high-profile criminal defense law firm, Scott Brettschneider, P.C., before forming his own firm in 2007. In private practice, Mr. Megaro represented clients in New York City, New Jersey, Florida, and various Federal courts around the nation, concentrating on criminal trial defense, sentencing advocacy and mitigation, criminal appeals and post-conviction relief. In private practice he handled many high-profile criminal cases in New York City, earning a reputation as a fierce litigator in the area of criminal law. Mr. Megaro also successfully represented clients in civil litigation and appeals, as well as Federal civil rights actions brought under 42 U.S.C. § 1983 for the false arrests and malicious prosecution, securing hundreds of thousands of dollars in settlements against police departments for clients. In 2014, Mr. Megaro joined forces with Orlando criminal defense attorney Jaime T. Halscott, Esq., bringing more than a decade of experience to Halscott Megaro PA in the area of criminal law.
A native of New York, Mr. Megaro played Division I college football and rugby at Hofstra University before graduating from Hofstra Law School. While at Hofstra Law, Mr. Megaro found his calling in life as a litigator and courtroom attorney. In law school, he interned at The Legal Aid Society in Queens, New York City, and excelling at the Hofstra Law Clinic, where he received the Leon Stern Award for criminal defense advocacy from the Nassau County Criminal Courts Bar Association.
Mr. Megaro is known as the "lawyer's lawyer," as other lawyers frequently contact him for advice and guidance on legal matters, case management, and has mentored junior lawyers since 2004, training some of the best criminal defense and appellate attorneys in the nation.
Patrick Michael Megaro is married with three sons, is a military veteran, and resides in Orlando, Florida with his family. An avid outdoorsman, Mr. Megaro enjoys hunting, competitive shooting, Crossfit, coaching his sons' baseball teams, and training his two Labrador Retrievers.
Contact Attorney Megaro's law firm today for a free consultation with one of our appelatte lawyers.
Areas of Practice
- Federal Criminal Defense
- Federal Criminal Sentencing
- Federal Criminal Appeals
- Federal Civil Appeals
- Federal Civil Rights Actions
- Federal Habeas Corpus
- State Criminal Defense
- State Criminal Appeals
- State Civil Appeals
- Post Conviction Relief
- Rights Restoration
- Record Sealing
- Pardons and Clemency
- United States Supreme Court
- New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Second Department
- New Jersey Supreme Court
- Florida Supreme Court
- North Carolina Supreme Court
- Texas Supreme Court
- Washington Supreme Court (pending)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Associations, Memberships, and Distinctions
- New York Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New Jersey Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Orange County Bar Association
- Seminole County Bar Association
- Tau Epsilon Phi Sigma Alpha Sigma Alumni Organization