Are You Facing Federal Firearms Charges in Florida?
We've Successfully Handled Thousands Of Cases and We Can Handle Yours
If you are currently facing a federal weapons charge, you will need to find a skillful legal defender who has vast experience countering complex federal charges. Without the counsel and guidance of a seasoned legal professional, you could be facing serious repercussions.
You can find the powerhouse defense you need at our firm.
Call our experienced Orlando defense attorneys @ Halscott Megaro PA.
Call Our Orlando Federal Defense Lawyers at (407) 255-2165!
Any type of criminal arrest, charge, or conviction can have long-lasting repercussions. With the help of our aggressive and effective federal criminal defense team, however, you do not have to face this uphill legal battle alone.
Our federal criminal defense law firm is ready to put in an aggressive fight on your behalf so that you can keep your constitutional right and regain control of your life. Choose to work with Halscott Megaro PA today!
Halscott Megaro PA has:
- Handled thousands of cases successfully
- More than 20 years of legal experience to our firm's name
- Earned an impressive track record of results in all levels of court
- Been fully qualified to defend clients in all federal circuit courts of appeals and military courts of appeals throughout the nation
We take your interests and freedoms seriously. After handling thousands of federal criminal defense matters, our Orlando federal firearms defense lawyers understand what is at stake in these types of matters. We do all that we possibly can to safeguard your rights and challenge the prosecution in an effort to reduce, acquit, or dismiss your charges.
Get Your Free Case Consultation
Contact our firm today if you are in need of aggressive legal representation!
We offer free initial consultations to all new clients.
Felon-in-Possession Charges and Penalties
By federal law, convicted felons are prohibited from possessing firearms. Being charged with a felon-in-possession is a serious offense, and you will need aggressive legal defense.
Under federal law, a "felon" may include the following:
- Anyone convicted of a previous drug crime
- Anyone subjected to a domestic restraining order
- Anyone with a prior domestic violence conviction
- Anyone dishonorably discharged from the military
- Anyone who is an illegal immigrant
- Anyone transporting firearms illegally
Under federal prosecution, a convicted felon believed to be in possession of a firearm, could be punished by:
You could be charged with a felon-in-possession offense regardless of whether or not a firearm was actually found on your person. In fact, all that a prosecutor really needs to do to make a conviction is show that you meant to obtain a weapon and were capable of using it. It does not even matter if the firearm in question was operational or not.
Serious Criminal Charges Need Serious Defense Strategies
If you have been charged with a criminal firearm offense, you could be stressed or concerned about your upcoming legal process. We strive to inform you of all of your rights and options moving forward, which can allow you to make informed decisions regarding your future.
Some of your available defenses include:
- Your Fourth Amendment Rights â€“ If the officer lacked probable cause, if you did not give permission for the search, or If there was no search warrant, the firearm could have been found through an unreasonable search and seizure.
- The Weapon was Necessary for Defensive Reasons â€“ This defense could be used if you were at immediate risk of serious physical injury or death through no fault of your own, and the only sensible remedy was to possess a firearm.
Call Halscott Megaro PA for a FREE Case Review at (407) 255-2165!
You can learn more about your legal rights and your potential defenses when you work with a federal criminal defense attorney from our firm. We are located in Orlando, but are ready to travel to you. Start working with a tough defense team that can help you counter your federal charges.
Call Halscott Megaro PA today to learn how we can help you.